Saturday, January 30, 2010

Nana Mama

1/30/10

I'm starting a blog about raising my grandchild. Woman of color have been doing this for years. I've been doing it for almost four years now. It's by far the most humbling experience I've had in life. Alli came to me when she was just one month old. I think God gives us this amazing naivette at times to get us to where we need to be. When Alli came to live with me I thought I had boundless energy and patience to raise a child one more time. I realize it now that it was God helping me have grace as I took on this new role. She was an easy baby with great big eyes, but not super active. I actually worried that she might delayed. I'll talk more about that another day. Well fast forward three years and ten months. Nope, she's definitely not delayed. Alli is smart as a whip and keeps me on my toes every minute. Right now she has a cape on and is pretending the dog is a student... poor dog.

1 comment: